Sunday, November 04, 2012

Some political notes

It could be said that Alliance Marxist-Leninist was disbanded at the beginning of the year. The archives are still online at http://ml-review.ca/aml/index/subject.html , and I still generally agree with its positions, but I was left without an affiliation. I am currently distributing the US Marxist-Leninist Organization's Voice of Revolution, so look out for it at libraries, bookstores, etc., for now in Durham and Orange counties, but maybe later in Wake.

The election is of course Tuesday. I will probably be following the Durham People's Alliance voter guide on most of the races. The presidential vote is complicated to decide, because I don't want Romney to win (but it probably wouldn't be the end of the world if he does), I don't want to vote for Obama, and from what I've read write-in votes for a left candidate such as Jill Stein of the Green Party will not be counted
( www.ncgreenparty.org/ and the last article at www.usmlo.org/arch2012/2012-09/VR120905.htm#04 ). I still need to research the judicial candidates. Most of the other Federal and state offices are easy to decide about, and a candidate's position on the 751 South project is very important in the Board of County Commissioners election.

No comments: