Friday, November 17, 2006

New mission statement for Durham Spark

I just changed the heading for Durham Spark. I wanted to say a little more, such as not using an abbreviation of Marxist-Leninist, but unfortunately Blogger only allows 500 character headings. It has been over a year since I created this blog and it is now established and my postings are somewhat regular. I might even have some readers (!), since there are occasionally comments other than spam advertising. I need to do more local publicity, now that I have a year of content, but I also hope to have more original news content, analytical commentary, and regular features in 2007. To anyone who reads my blog (including honest opponents), thank you for your support.

The old heading is:

I intend for this to be a personal political blog looking at news and issues, mainly on a local and state level, but including national and global events, with a progressive, revolutionary perspective from the Triangle region of North Carolina. Marxist-Leninist politics are not well-represented in the many progressive movements here. I want to help reaffirm our perspective and show its usefulness through this blog and other media.

No comments: